Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The idea of this drawing was to draw for roughly 40 minutes and use nothing but continuous line and cross contour.  Our primary focus was to identify the line of the spine, and spend some time establishing this.  Next, we had to put in a few cross contours to give the figure some depth, and after that we focused on the continuous contour.  I began with the line of the spine, and then drew just a few cross contours to identify the back and overall shapes that I saw at the time.  Once I started the contour drawing I focused on establishing the position of the head and the critical landmarks that were present-like the location of the hands, angles of forearms, upper arms, the angle at which the legs were going off into space, etc.  Once I have these primary landmarks it is just details after that.  After I got the shape of the figure down I added some more cross contours to give the image some more depth, and this really helped give a better sense of 3 dimensionality.  




No comments:

Post a Comment